- What's Respect?
- Dating Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- What's Dating abuse
- Dating Abuse Statistics
- Impact of Dating Abuse
- Warning Signs
- Why Does Abuse Happen?
- Excuses for Abuse
- Why It is So Hard to Leave
- Leaving the Relationship
- Safety Tips
- What's a Healthy Relationship?
- What's an Unhealthy Relationship?
Get the Facts...
Dating Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
You have certain rights and responsibilities in a dating relationship. Here are some examples. Personalize these for yourself, and make a commitment to stick by them.
Dating rightsI have the right:
- To be treated with respect always
- To be in a healthy relationship
- To not be abused-physically, sexually, or emotionally
- To keep my body, feelings, beliefs, and property to myself
- To have friends and activities apart from my boyfriend or girlfriend
- To set limits and values
- To say no
- To feel safe in the relationship
- To be treated as an equal
- To feel comfortable being myself
- To leave a relationship
Dating responsibilitiesI have the responsibility:
- To determine my limits and values
- To respect my boyfriend's or girlfriend's limits, values, feelings, and beliefs
- To refuse to abuse-physically, sexually, or emotionally
- To be considerate
- To communicate clearly and honestly
- To give my boyfriend or girlfriend space to be his or her own person
- To not exert power or control in the relationship
- To compromise when needed
- To admit to being wrong when appropriate
- To ask for help from friends, family, and trusted adults