Help Your Community
There are many ways you can help your community learn more about respect:
- Become a volunteer, like a mentor to younger teens, so you can model respect and healthy behaviors to them.
- Pass out and showcase Choose Respect materials at community events, doctors' offices, health fairs, libraries, and popular teen hangouts.
- Recruit local celebrities to appear at a community event.
- Work with community groups to plan a Choose Respect Awareness Day.
- Attend city council meetings and speak up for more services to address dating abuse.
- Organize a community-wide fund-raiser to benefit a local domestic abuse organization or shelter.