Choose Respect video wins two FREDDIE Awards
The 30-minute Causing Pain: Real Stories of Dating Abuse and Violence video received two FREDDIE Awards. The FREDDIEs, also known as the International Health and Medical Media Awards, bring together the fields of medical science, education, and the arts for an international competition devoted to educational health and medical productions.
Choose Respect Press Kit
The Choose Respect Press Kit contains the following materials that you can use to promote Choose Respect. Both English and Spanish versions are provided.
- Choose Respect Overview
- Dating Abuse Fact Sheet
- Dating Abuse: Risk Factors and Warnings Signs
- Developing Healthy Relationships: A Role for Youth
- Developing Healthy Relationships: A Role for Adults
- Safety Tips
- About CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
Choose Respect Annual Report
The Choose Respect Annual Report presents the highlights of the initiative's national launch during 2006. The report provides an overview of the Choose Respect goals, background and development of the initiative, national launch events, and the local events planned by the Choose Respect community partners.
Be sure to read the Choose Respect success stories, which describe in more detail the community partners' highlights.
May 4, 2007 - "Choose Respect" Contest Winners Announced
March 19, 2007 - Choose Respect Podcast Contest Open to Kansas Youth.
August 5, 2006 - The Indiana Fever, The Indiana Coalition Against Sexual Assault (INCASA), and the City of Indianapolis, on Behalf of the Choose Respect Initiative, Host a Back to School, Pledge Against Violence Rally.
July 28, 2006 - Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women Launch Choose Respect Initiative to Prevent Teen Dating Violence and Sexual Assault
July 25, 2006 - Shattering the Silence. WTHR Channel 13 in Indianapolis, IN, with its Shattering Silence campaign, is partnering with the Indiana Coalition Against Sexual Assault to promote the Choose Respect initiative. You can also view on their website a video titled “Shattering the Silence: Teens and Domestic Abuse.”
- June 28, 2006 - AmASSI Health and Cultural Center & Jenesse Center Hosts Choose Respect Night in an Effort to Help Local Adolescents Build Healthy Relationships, Prevent Dating Abuse
- June 14, 2006 - Day One Hosts Shoot for Respect with the WNBA - NY Liberty Players Shameka Christon and Kelly Schumacher to Help New York Adolescents Choose Respect. Local Activities Part of National Effort to Prevent Dating Abuse.
May 24, 2006 - San Antonio Silver Stars Center Chantelle Anderson and Coach Dan Hughes Launch Choose Respect As Part of National Effort to Encourage Healthy Relationships.
- May 18, 2006 - New Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) initiative seeks to reduce youth dating violence: “Choose Respect” effort focuses on teaching healthy relationship skills
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2006). Notice to Readers: Choose Respect National Initiative. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 55(19);535.
For more information about the Choose Respect Initiative, visit the About Choose Respect section
To download these files, first make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.